18 July 2012

More on Beautiful Fungi

There is no doubt about it. Whenever I take off into the bush especially from Feb to May (down here in the Southern Hemisphere) I take the camera in the hope of recording one or two of the larger fungi. The fungal emergences seem to vary from year to year depending on the microclimate at the base of the bush and the amount of substrate available.  The best display of fungi I've seen was on Maungatautari about  four years after major tracks had been cut and all the dead wood was sprouting fungi. I put together some of my photos of fungi and posted them on Vimeo with Dvorak's slow movement from his "New World" symphony.  If you have five minutes to spare have a look.

In the meantime here are a few more photos.

Entaloma on Mt Tihia
Near Hump Ridge Track

Unknown species on Rotopounamu Track

No comments:

Post a Comment